Please subscribe, there is a option for this below. (For those of you of have received them, I will stop sending out individual updates on mail).
This site catalogs the bird species I have photographed. Most pictures are from Sweden, but some from trips abroad. It’s not really a blog, although I will add post for larger bird excursions as separate posts, I will add new bird family posts and modify existing ones only when I have a new species or better images to present.
If you wonder about the numbering of posts (bird families), it’s the order of the species according to the book “Fågelguiden, Europas och Medelhavsområdes fåglar i fält”, 2nd edition. Last in the order you will find domestic birds and birds not found in Europe.
At the bottom of this page you will find:
- the categories (families) of birds in alphabetical order;
- tags for each species;
- recent posts;
- navigation for the (numbered) order of the book.
In the top menu you can swap between this page and the “blog” page.
A note on the swenglish language used:
- All the numbered (family) posts provide bird names in Swedish, Latin and English (thanks to Wikipedia).
- The excursion post are currently in Swedish only.
- As a non-native English speaker I have probably got a few things mixed up, feel free to comment on such.
Another wet, dreary, Covid-restricted month.
A slow month for birding. The excursions came to the regular winter pause, the weather was worthless and my usual suspects have migrated. Further I did not do any travel. (Not to mention Covid-19.) Mallard (Gräsand) The Tuesday club, Stora Skuggan, Stockholm, October, 2020 Great crested grebe (Skäggdopping) The Tuesday club, Stora Skuggan, Stockholm, October,… Read more
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.